Tuesday 4 January 2011

Day 12 part 2: Back to reality....

So, here I sit at the end of my first working day of 2011. I'm in my PJs, as I usually am when I'm at home, 90210 is on the TV and as soon as I have updated this I will be drying my hair and going straight to bed. I am so so tired today!

I found it really hard to sleep last night, probably because I knew that as soon as 7.15am hit I'd have to leap out of bed after nearly two weeks of rolling out of bed at 11am. I'm very much a night owl, I can stay awake all night but I find mornings really difficult!

Today I don't let myself snooze, because I know if I do then I really won't get out of bed at all. Instead I let myself adjust a bit and watch One Tree Hill in bed for about 20 minutes before I get up to have a shower. My new years resolution is to actually make an effort with my appearance all the time and not just when I go out in the evening, so I style my hair so I can wear it down (bedhead straight from the shower is not the best look in the world) and pick out my Fullcircle grey studded dress and some leggings which I love. For far too long I have been rocking up at work hair in a mad whirlwind style and no makeup so in 2011 I will look and feel fab all the time, even if I am just wearing band t-shirt, jeans, connies and a cardy!

I had aimed to leave the house at about 8.30am, but by the time that I'm actually ready, having sat down to watch a little bit of TV mid-hair and makeup, it's actually 8.55am. I run out of the door and trot on down to work. The iPhone is full of tunage today. As I walk some of my favourite songs are playing like 23 by Jimmy Eat World, Hummer by Foals and Love is Noise by The Verve. I love it when this happens, usually means that it's going to be a good day.

I stop by Tesco on the way, as it was Tamara's birthday I want to get her a present and I already know what I want to get her. I pick up Now 77 as it has all of our favourite songs that we have been singing in the office recently - Katy Perry, Usher, Nelly, Rihanna, JLS.... all the ones we love! While I'm there I realise that I have forgotten to eat any breakfast so pick up a pack of chocolate coissants, then 2 pots of soup, a loaf of wholemeal bread and a pack of four Galaxy bars which will last me for the rest of the week. I'm really trying to cut down on my spending so if I can make my lunches as cheap as possible then that's brilliant! Today my total cost comes to £20.34 but including the CD I don't think that's bad - Tamara loved it!

At lunchtime I always have to get out of the office, as we are in town there's nothing really to do but go for a wander around the shops. In the past week I have become quite a pro at window shopping and browsing the sales without making a purchase! I went into Monsoon today and my handbag is still there - I have decided that I do not need it now! I was a little annoyed to see that my earrings have now been reduced to £2.40.... oh well! I also had a quick look in New Look and go to say hi to the Altered Egos girls without buying a single thing.... this is a big achievement for me! On my way back to the office I pick up some milk and sugar which came to £1.58 and that is all of my spend for the day.

The rest of my day isn't all that exciting, I have been to the gym, come home and that is the end of my adventures for the day. I now have achy joints and muscles - oh the joys of living the spot-free dream of Roaccutane! Like I said now I'm off to bed before this all starts all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment