Thursday 29 December 2011

2012.... back on it!!!!!

It's been a while, but I'm still here and still sharing my spending but this time for a different reason. I am proud to say that I am now a store card down and about to take a complete leap of faith.

Since my last post back in April I have passed my driving test, paid off my epic debt on my store card and have completely curbed my shopping addiction to a reasonable amount, meaning I now only buy exactly what I need. I am however, sitting with a brand new MacBook Air on my knee and am about to buy my very first car. What money used to be spent on clothes, shoes and handbags is now spent on necessities - or what I think of as such!

What is the reason for my sudden change? Well, next year I would like to set myself up for a complete and utter change - I'm finally going to do something that I have been longing to do since uni. I want to move move out and possibly to Leicester. Much as I love Market Harborough and my life here it's time to move into a place of my own, somewhere I would like to live.

As many of you know, I absolutely love my job and my friends too, so I will need to be somewhere commutable to Market Harborough but the prospect of city life excites me!

Why am I telling you this? Because I have realised that once again I need an outlet where I can out all of my spending again as I need to save money. Now that I no longer spend more than I earn I actually need to learn how to save!

I know how to live within my means but have come to realise that it is not my need to shop that now costs me the earth. It is my ridiculously busy life! There a few habits (like thinking I'm the richest person in the world whilst drunk, spending stupid amounts on gig and concert tickets and going out all the time) that I need to break. For that reason, I'm hoping that my blog will help me to do that. I am not saying that I am going to become boring or a hermit but I do realise that my lifestyle is ever so slightly extreme.

Take today for example. I am currently off work for the Christmas holidays and woke up ridiculously early for reasons unknown. Hoping to make it to Body Combat this morning at about 9am I got up and started to get ready, until I realised that I was so so tired from being awake at 6am that I went straight back to bed and fell asleep til noon! What a waste of a morning?!

I met my Jenny for lunch in Enigma where I spent £6.50 on lunch and a coke. I also paid Jen back the £3 that I had borrowed on 'Jager Friday: The Festive Edition' otherwise known as the girls Christmas meal when we couldn't get any dollars out from the cashpoint. This was for the champagne (read Cava) which contributed in part to my memory loss of the weekend!

Anyway, we were later joined by Sarah for lunch and unfortunately Jen had to go back to work so Saz and I had a lovely afternoon in Starbucks. Although this also meant that spent £3.50 on a Toffee Nut Latte, £1.55 on a caramel slice (that I really did not need) and £1.55 on a peppermint tea. So that's the good part of £20 gone in a day.... but so worth it as I had a fab impromptu afternoon!

So anyway, to counteract the spend today I am now sat watching Notting Hill with a box of After Eights next to me.... good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment