Sunday 26 December 2010

Boxing day.... bring on another debauched night on the town!

Here I sit watching Enchanted, what I consider to be the perfect Boxing Day film, feeling rather festively plump after the biggest left over dinner known to man. There is no longer any turkey, stuffing or any remains of Christmas dinner left in the Waterfield household and I feel like I will not need to eat until at least Wednesday!

I have been excessively lazy over the last few days.... as should be only way to live at Christmas! I wake up at 10am, the whole family is already downstairs so I take the opportunity to get my dose of Winchester beauty and watch an episode of Supernatural in bed. Following this, deciding I should be more social I head downstairs where my family are watching Birds of a Feather (brilliant!) and proceed to make myself a sausage sandwich for breakfast as it is far too cold to have cereal.

We spend the morning watching telly and attempt to watch Funny People, one of Andrew's Christmas dvds which soon becomes very apparent is inappropriate for family viewing with all of the f-ing and jeffing going on.... neither my mother or Grandma were very pleased. The Railway Children is quickly put on which I leave them to watch in peace.

My Dad arrives back from his epic walk that he and Rob left at 8am for (why on Boxing Day? Mad men!) and dinner is very promptly served. A platter of cold turkey and buffet style food is a mandatory feast in the Waterfield residence on Boxing Day.... I get so carried away eating the I forget to take my tablet, pour myself a drink and pull my cracker!

After dinner I sit and have a chat with my Mum and Grandma before realising that it is time for Enchanted to start. As the rugby is on, all of the men congragate in the living room for an afternoon of manly sport viewing while I settle down in the kitchen to watch Enchanted subjecting them to bad renditions of That's How You Know and True Love's Kiss every so often.

Another huge Boxing Day tradition, I will shortly be heading out for yet another evening of debauchery with the girls because a) it is Christmas and b) it is the 28th anniversary of Miss Sarah Butlin's birth. So far today I have spent no money, I do not intend to spend an awful lot tonight as I don't think I should drink what with my next blood test being on Wednesday.... famous last words. I'm sure that I'll probably be updating this tomorrow to say that I decided that it was a good idea to have a couple of cocktails at The Oat Hill as they are mostly fruit juice and good for me or I decided that a small glass of rose wouldn't hurt.

Speaking of which.... I'm due at a house party in a couple of hours so I should actually think about what I am going to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment