Saturday 25 December 2010

Christmas day.... I'm sure I could find a way to spend money!

So today is Christmas day.... I woke up at about 8.30am still drunk from the night before and with an incredibly hazy memory of the night's events. Classy as I ever, I was still wearing last night's makeup, still had tape stuck to me where I had glued my dress in place and a bruise on my bum which I am still none the wiser to how it got there!

Anyway, I quickly composed myself. All make up was removed, I brushed my hair so I looked ever so slightly presentable, brushed my teeth and headed downstairs where everyone else was already waiting to open presents. This year (as with many years) I have been really spoilt.... as far as I knew I was getting tickets to see Take That and Foo Fighters which is absolutely fine by me. I love going to concerts and those two will actually make my life next year! I have been waiting for those gigs for ages and when they were announced within the same week I was so excited that I could've cried! I'm quite happy to sit and watch everyone else open their presents knowing that I have something amazing to look forward to next summer. Little did I know that my mother had a few surprises up her sleeve.

I am now the very proud and lucky owner of the following:
  • Robbie Williams - In and Out of Consciousness: Greatest hits 1990-2010
  • Take That - Progress (Thanks Auntie Jane!)
  • Supernatural Season 5 boxset (Winchesters.... whoop!)
  • Jimmy Eat World - Futures (I already had it on iTunes but I wanted the CD for in the car when I pass my driving test)
  • Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American (Same)
  • Jimmy Eat World - Chase the Light
  • Olly Murs album
  • Take That calendar
  • Converse trainers (mine died so obviously this is amazing as I live in them)
  • Sex and the City 2 dvd
  • Thomas Sabo sneaker charm (very me!)
  • A colour your own snowman cookie jar (thanks Rach!)
  • Body Shop Cocoa Butter smellies (very handy with current dry skin situation from tablets)
  • A ticket to see The Saturdays (so excited Jen!)
  • A social butterfly which glass (love it Stephen!)
  • Marley and Me dvd (thanks Phil!)
  • PJ bottoms
  • A 2011 diary covered in shoes
  • Some slipper booties (thanks Santa!)
  • A hand warmer (much needed Rach!)
  • A topshop voucher from work (they are very good to me!)
  • Some kinder chocolate (which as you can probably guess.... didn't last long Rach!)
  • Some mini eggs

So yeah, I've been very spoilt today! So the woozy effect starts to subside and the hangover starts to kick in.... I feel like I've pickled my stomach, not the best feeling on Christmas day. My Grandma and Uncle arrive and we open more presents and settle down to watch Singing in the Rain while Dad cooks dinner. Christmas dinner is my favourite dinner of the year.... it's always a very exciting event in our house.

So while dinner is cooking I put all of my CDs onto my iTunes (obviously a very important job) and decide to check out the Amazon sale. The camera I've had my beady little eye on has gone up by £30 so I decide against it, checking out the prices of the boxsets I've wanted like Grey's Anatomy Season 5 and Ugly Betty Season 3.... I come away empty handed without spending any money, something that is very impressive for me!

Music is a contraversial topic at dinner as I subject my family to Take That.... something that me, Mum and Grandma love but Andrew hates with a passion! We ignore his protest as dinner is served and we are not disappointed this year, my Dad has surpassed himself. We're all still eating when the Queen's speech is on so of course in true family tradition (much to Andrew and Uncle Mike's disgust) we watch together in silence as we eat.

After dinner much to my delight Shrek the Third is on so I make the whole family watch is as I love the Shrek movies. However, following the events of last night I am very tired and like the old lady that I seem to have turned into in my mid-twenties I promptly fall asleep in front of the telly woken only by the promise of chocolate pudding for dessert an hour later!

At tea time my Nanna and Grandad come round, when more presents are given, everyone else tucks into a sandwich but I am still far too full from lunchtime. We all sit down to watch Dr Who and Eastenders together. Then we watch The Royale Family Christmas special when I finally decide that I might be able to manage a sandwich.... and fruit cocktail and a slice of yule log! It is Christmas after all!

We have a tradition in our family that we all save a small present for after tea which is hidden away in a stocking. This is always fab.... my surprise is the Olly Murs albums and I am dead chuffed with it! It's been a lovely day and so far I have spend no money, not even on iTunes or Amazon.... well done me!

No comments:

Post a Comment