Wednesday 15 September 2010

Day 14: Hello my name is Emma and I am a shopaholic!

Now I am aware that I have been a tad lackadaisical of late.... in fact I have not updated my blog for the last week. My bad!

So anyway, I'm back and I have a confession to make.... I have been a very bad girl!

In the last week I have spent quite a lot of money....

Thursday wasn't a bad day.... I spent a total of £1.26 for the whole day! That was on the usual Galaxy bar and a packet of gum. Not bad if I do say so myself!

Friday was ok.... my total spend was £10.08 which consisted of:
  • 2 bottles of Blossom Hill White Grenache (only the best wine will pass my lips.... plus it was on offer at £4.49)
  • 1 bar of Galaxy
  • 1 packet of chewing gum

I was very proud of myself.... however, disaster actually struck on Saturday when I realised that I was running out of makeup - obviously I cannot go on holiday without makeup or live without it in general as right now I have the skin of a teenager! My iPhone had also broken, which had upset me quite a lot and therefore retail therapy was needed!

I emerged from boots with the following:

  • 1 No 7. Stay Perfect foundation
  • 1 Rimmel clear complexion powder
  • 1 Rimmel hide the blemish concealer

After spending a good half an hour in Carphone Warehouse trying to sort my phone out, where it became quite evident that I would be iPhone-less for my holiday, my panic stricken state needed this spend to calm my nerves at the thought of being without music until I return from Portugal!

As I was in town waiting for Lauren and Dave, I also decided that it was a good time to get my euros sorted for my holiday.... so there went £304 out of my bank account! Bad times.... but at least I am organised!

So after these two splurges I decide to blow caution to the wind and head to Starbucks to read my book.... and am then later joined by Lauren and Dave. Two Caramel Macchiatos and a Rocky Road (which can also be described as around £8) later I leave Starbucks and embark on an evening of X Factor and Strictly Come Dancing while putting all of my music onto my old phone so that I am not music deprived until I get my iPhone back after holiday! I therefore spend nothing.... this is good I feel!

Sunday is Arts Fresco.... now this was not supposed to cost me anymore than a lunch in the Sugar Loaf and possibly a bottle of water. However, I did not anticipate the bottle of Bulmers consumed with lunch and the 3 pints of Strongbow and bottle of Bud consumed throughout the afternoon.... I'm a classy bird, me!

When I've had a few money becomes like Monopoly money.... so I somehow manage to spend about £40.... whoops! I did have a fantastic day though so if I'm being honest I am really not sorry at all!

Monday, I bought my lunch and breakfast for the week from Tesco which consists of:

  • 2 packs of chargrilled chicken pieces
  • 1 bag of lettuce
  • 1 bottle of sweet chilli sauce
  • 3 peppers
  • 1 pack of organic cherry plum tomatoes
  • 1 Galaxy bar
  • 1 actual lettuce
  • 1 box of weetabix
  • 1 bottle of semi-skimmed milk

This comes to a total of around £13.... but I figure that is ok because it's for the whole week! Especially as I have no plans for most of the week except for packing.... obviously after killing myself in Spinning, Body Balance and Body Combat classes in my final push to get my bikini worthy bod!

Tuesday comes and goes with what I would like to say was only spending £1.26 on a Galaxy bar and chewing gum but at lunchtime I take a sneaky trip to Altered Egos.... my Mecca of shopping in Market Harborough. All of my favourite brands under one roof and only minutes away from my office!

Betty and Stokesy know exactly what I like.... it probably won't surprise you to know that I already own half of the shop! They are great at their job and show me a fab Quiksilver crop top which would look amazing with my Firetrap denim shorts and be great for my holiday. It looks fab on and this time my conscience doesn't even kick in once.... it costs £31.50! SOLD! I am now the proud owner of said crop top.... it is already packed in my suitcase.... Whoops!

Today I thought that I would be extraordinarily good but no such luck.... I buy my usual Galaxy bar on my way to work and head straight for the office. For some reason today I am absolutely starving and salad just won't cut it.... so at 1pm I decide to take a break and head to Starbucks to read my book. By this time I am so hungry I am ready to eat somebody's arm so I naughtily order a chocolate chunk shortbread and a skinny Caramel Macchiato, which is the best part of £5 gone!

Before leaving Starby's I grab Sarah a Hazelnut Latte to take to her in Jacks before heading to Emerson and West to grab a jacket potato for lunch. I am then disappointed to find that they have ran out and have to settle for a turkey, stuffing and apple sauce roll.... which was delightful! So that was another £5 gone..... oh dear!

I have not since spent a penny but am sat here thoroughly ashamed of myself that I have not resisted the urge to spend!

I am now going to take my sorry ass off to bed to watch Clueless.... night kids! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment