Saturday 4 September 2010

Day 2: Presents through the post

Not the best day on the money front if I'm being honest.... first thing I went to Tesco and spent over £5. Just the usual breakfast for myself and Tamara (we have chocolate coissants everyday. It costs 65p for one or £1.00 for two so I figure that it's a better deal to buy two so we can both have one), sushi that cost £3 as I thought that's quite a healthy lunch, my usual bar of galaxy and a bottle of apple juice. So I didn't think that was too bad really.

Checked my account balance and my heart sank as I had less money than I thought.... but then I remembered that I still have a cheque to clear so it's all ok. Phewww!

So I get to work and much to my delight a lovely courier arrives with gifts from Warehouse.co.uk. My bikinis are here and they are fab! I may have tried one of the tops on over my jumpsuit to check if it fits.... it does, so it's fine! Can't wait to wear them on my hols!



Whilst I'm writing a news story to be sent out for a client the post arrives.... this is a very exciting time in the LWPR office as it's HJ Friday! So I quickly run to the door, open up our post box to rip open this week's copy. There is also a little packet in there for me, after a traumatic disaster with my iPhone (where it fell out of my bag on my way to work and smashed on the pavement) and having to claim for a new phone on the insurance my new iPhone is the most precious thing in the world and will be well protected for all eternity so I'd invested in a hot pink hard case from Amazon.co.uk to hopefully prevent this from ever happening again. Imagine my horror to find that the case is infact broken on arrival.... how annoying?!

At lunchtime Tamara and I head into town as it is Daddy Waterfield's birthday today I obviously had to get him a card and a present being the good daughter that I am. I settle on a card after perusing the funny ones, my favourite of which said 'Dad, I've been trying really hard to think of a compliment to give you for your birthday.... you've got a really great kid', now to look for the present. My dad is so hard to buy for.... then I notice some Ticketmaster vouchers, sorted! He can use that to buy tickets to go and watch the cricket or something.... why on earth didn't I think of this before?! Genius! That's him sorted.

I leave Tamara and head to Boots to see Jenny, to sort out exactly what we're doing this weekend. It suddenly occurs to me that the O2 shop sell iPhone covers and decide to go and look for one in there.... being the clutz that I am I desperately need one. I already managed to drop my new phone in Tesco the other day! My bad! I settle on a pink one (nothing says Em's phone like a pink phone case) which fits all the way around the phone and stays on securely. Now at £15 it cost a little more than one would have hoped to pay, but that's cheaper than paying £30 excess on my insurance for a new phone again!

As I'm leaving St Mary's place my eyes fall upon Starbucks.... it won't hurt to buy a coffee, I really fancied one. My downfall is cakes and cookies, so of course I end up buying a chocolate chip shortbread aswell, something that is well justified as 1. it's Friday and 2. I'm going to the gym later on and will burn it off. That of course costs me £3.80.

So for the rest of the day I'm really good.... I run past all of the shops as I leave work and head to the gym, refusing to even look in a shop window. Just as I'm about to leave the gym I get a text from Kate asking if I fancied going to watch the football.... men running around on a pitch in shorts?! Of course I do! So I go home, have a shower and some dinner, then head to Beccy's to watch the game. By this time I'm already an hour late so I caught the second half.

Now obviously one can't show up at a friend's house empty handed so I grab a bottle of Blossom Hill White Grenache from Londis which sets me back £6.99. So here I am thinking that I'm going to have an quiet night watching the football so I'm Bloc Party t-shirt and demin shorts clad with my converse trainers and my hair in pig tails. I did not predict the turn of events would lead to us ending up in the Sugar Loaf and Enigma.

So several Jagerbombs later, I have spent another £12... whoops! Great night though.... didn't get in til just before 6am finishing the night at Chez Marriott where more vodka was consumed, we were treated to some of Daddy M's chilli whilst listening to Arcade Fire, before the sambraros, chicken hats and adult babygrows came out.... Facebook will eventually explain all!


No comments:

Post a Comment