Saturday 18 September 2010

Day 17: If you want to go out....

I'm pleased to report that the last couple of days have actually been a great success spending wise.... in a way!

Put it this way, if I only spent during the day while I was at work then on Thursday I would've spent a grand total of 48p on a Galaxy bar.... what else?

However, this was not the case as I hit the pub in the evening with a couple of the guys from theatre group.... 3 glasses of wine later I have spent £9. Still not all that bad to be fair!

Yesterday we had a training day in the office and lunch (from Marks and Spencers.... yum!) was provided but I'd already spent £3 in tesco on the way, although to be fair I can't actually remember for the life of me what on apart from Galaxy bar and a huge bottle of water!

As Tamara and I spend the afternoon munching our way through the leftover food in the office, my bikini diet seems to have ended and my holiday has started a day early! Thank god I'm going to the gym!

So straight after work (my last day for a whole week.... yay!) I hot foot it to the gym as I'm off out again with the girls that evening.... tired from a busy day I struggle a little bit and settle for burning just 600 calories instead of the usual 800 and head home where I am greeted with yet more food!

So I meet Lauren and Jen in Enigma at 8.30 and we head to Evolution to see Jen's brother's band, The Working Projects do a gig. They are very good actually, well worth a look up! This is when the drinking starts.... a WKD blue and a shot later the drinking has began!

As we are old ladies now, the noise soon gets a little bit too much. The boys join us for a bit but then head off to The Square and Jen and Bob go home, so it's just me and Lauren left. We decide to head to The Loaf so that we can actually talk to each other.... a couple of Koppabergs later and we're putting the world to rights, joined by Sarah! Good times!

My final spend was around £5.10 for my round of drinks and £2 for some chips and cheese on the way home.... all in all not too bad! Could do better!

Like the nut job I am, just off to Body Combat before I head off on my jollies to Albufeira at 2pm this afternoon where I'm going to blow caution to the wind and blow £300 in a week! I can't bloody wait!

See you in a week kids! xx

2 comments:

  1. Haha I think every girl needs to do this. Have a brilliant holiday!

    Sarah Betty xx
    http://www.sarahbetty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma my darling it is your old pal Samantha also known as the girl who also hated Alastair from Media ;) haha you know who I am. Anyways, this blog is great, you are giving me inspiration to stop spending, but also go to the freaking gym!! both of which I'm doing right now (well the gym next week) and so on. But from reading your stuff here are 2 suggestions I can think of...

    why don't you buy a multipack of galaxy bars? that way you'll spend money in the long run but also not be tempted to buy other stuff when you go in for your daily galaxy bar!

    secondly, grab yourself a starbucks card and load it up with an amount that you are willing to spend in starbys per month. Then, you have a budget you must stick to and decide wisely how often you drink there. Also you get money off when you use it (syrups are freeee!) and loads of vouchers through the post... all of which I have done before as a recovering Starbucks addict.

    Well, there. Now have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete