Sunday 5 September 2010

Day 4: I have will power!!!!!

I am awoken without a hangover, bright and breezy by the smell of breakfast.... now still being at home does have it's advantages. I'm broke but I am well fed and get a full English brought to me in bed on a Sunday morning.... I know I'm spoilt but I know when I've got it good!

I lay in bed watching Hollyoaks more than a little confused by all of the new people who seem to have appeared in the last week, including Jacqui Dixon from Brookside?! My fitness regime of attending several classes a week, going to the gym and rehearsals for the next Market Harborough Musical Theatre show Summer Holiday has meant that I've lost touch with Hollyoaks and seldom watch it during the week now, so Sunday mornings are my catch up time!

I'd already arranged to meet Sarah for lunch, so we decide to meet at 1pm in The Sugar Loaf, as if I'm being honest I'm quite comfortable and not yet prepared to leave my pit for a little while.

My guilty pleasure of Big Brother's Little Brother comes on (purely for George Lamb, not that I really watch Big Brother. Ok that's a complete lie because I wrote an essay about it at uni) and their guests today are McFly.... also a guilty pleasure. So Emma Willis is interviewing them and they mention their new single 'Party Girl' is out today. That's it, the iPhone is out and I'm on iTunes buying it for 79p.... oh dear!


Eventually, after a lot of lazing around I decide it's finally time to emerge and head for a shower before pulling on my Mumford and Sons t-shirt, striped French Connection cardigan, Firetrap denim shorts and Converse trainers (which obviously go with everything) before plaiting my hair into pigtails and heading into town to meet Mr and Mrs Market Harborough.


After having a quick chat to my mother before I leave, as usual I'm already running late. A very hungry Sarah and Andy are not looking too impressed when I rock up at 1.25pm after visiting the cashpoint for some dollars.

My concept of time is terrible.... everyone who knows me will say the same. No matter how good my intentions are to get to a place on time something will happen to make me late. The only place that I'm not late to is work and that takes an extraordinary effort.

By this time I am so hungry I could eat someones arm.... as my eyes are bigger than my belly I order a roast beef from their Sunday Club special for £5.99 and then a chocolate fudge cake for £1.99 as dessert. I have been told that the desserts in there are about 700 calories a pop.... I'm glad I'm going to the gym in a bit!

Anyway, we enjoy a lovely chat catching up on the weeks events. Sarah tells me about their honeymoon that is already booked to Bali. My friend Sarah is quite honestly the most organised bride I have ever known.... the wedding is next July and everything has been booked for months and the whole operation has been planned around Summer Sundae Weekender festival, which is our yearly ritual to attend. I have to say though, Friday 22nd July 2010 is going to be a brilliant day.... I can't wait!

I leave Sarah and Andy, being a teacher Sarah has lots of planning and marking to do on a Sunday afternoon and head home. On my way home is New Look, which I am reluctant to go in as a group of gypsy kids I see ahead of me have just gone in, but I decide to brave it and see what goodies they have in there. I do my best to avoid the group, one of whom shoves me out of the way so that she can show her friends something.... as you can imagine they are just delightful and have lovely manners.

Trying to ignore that they are even there I'm just happy looking around when I see it.... a beautiful loose blouse in grey blue in a butterfly print. It's gorgeous, I love it.... I pick it up in two sizes and make my way to the fitting room to try it on. It would look great with my denim shorts, it would look great with leggings or jeans.... could I need this in my life?!


As I thought it would, it looks fab and the smaller size fits me.... get in! It costs £25.... then my conscience kicks in. Can I justify spending that amount of money right now? After all I am off on holiday in two weeks. But then I can wear it when we go out for dinner in the evening.... I decide that the answer is no I do not need it and if it is meant to be then they will still have it next week if I have enough money left. I also tell myself that everyone else will probably have it too.... New Look being one of the only fashion shops in Harborough means that we are very limited when it comes to shopping.


With a heavy heart I quickly leave the shop before I change my mind, grabbing the iPhone and wacking on some Jimmy Eat World to distract me from the heartbreaking choice that I have just made.


I get home to find that my brother has very kindly bought me a pack of white chocolate chip cookies from Sainsburys and left them on my bed. This is just what I need to cheer me up, so I eat one and then hide the pack so that I cannot consume anymore chocolate for the rest of the day.


Since coming home I am proud to say that no more internet shopping has occurred, I have not spent anymore money in any other way and the only place that I am heading to tonight is the gym.... which I am a member of.


So I am upset that I did not buy the beautiful top.... but happy as I seem to have gained strength and will power! Not bad really....

No comments:

Post a Comment